The Unitarian Church of Montpelier is seeking a part-time, paid social media and communications intern for the 2017-2018 church year (approx. September-June). The Social Media and Communications Intern’s primary responsibility will be to provide assistance and support to the church staff and communications team in maintaining the website and social media platforms and creating internal communications tools to reach our members and friends.
Specific tasks may include the following depending on the intern’s skills and interests:
- Updating the church website by uploading and posting new or revised content
- Maintaining our Twitter account and posting relevant, engaging tweets
- Create social media sharable graphics
- Formatting email communications to our members and friends
- Contributing ideas and innovative ways to present UCM to the public
- Other tasks as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience writing and editing content for the web, including social media, blogs and e-newsletters
- Strong experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and Vimeo
- Familiarity with WordPress and MailChimp
- Able to complete tasks in a timely fashion
Hours and Compensation:
This internship is a ten month position at 10 hours/month and pays $12/hour.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Social Media and Communications Intern” by Friday, September 15.
- A cover letter explaining your motivation to apply, interest in the position, and relevant skills and experience
- Two references
- Writing sample and/or social media projects
The Unitarian Church of Montpelier is a welcoming, liberal religious congregation, founded in 1864. Our spiritual community is vibrant and mission-driven: congregants engage in a wide variety of activities, classes, small groups, family events, fundraisers, meals and compassionate, social and environmental justice-making actions in the wider world.
The Unitarian Church of Montpelier is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of our staff.