Updated February 2019
March Mystery Madness is a playful way our congregation connects with one another toward the end of winter. This year, 2019, will be the 8th year for this much-anticipated multi-generational game. Please join us in this guessing game. It is a fun and easy way for people of different generations in our church to get to know each other. It really is for people of ALL ages and the more the merrier! Since children are always growing, the game is new for them every year, so if you’re an adult and you’ve played before we encourage you to join in the fun once again.
With the addition of a second worship service the way we’ve played the game in the past has given us added challenges, but has also provided us the opportunity to experiment with variations on the traditional way we’ve played the game in the past and a chance to make the game more inclusive and truly multigenerational.
- This program matches an adult-child, youth-child, or adult-adult pair for three weeks of notes and small gift exchanges where each partner will share hints and clues about their identity and a final week for the Big Reveal.
- Sundays in March will be the dates of exchanges beginning on March 10th.
- A discovery celebration will be held on Sunday March 31st, where the partners will be revealed.
- There will be a sign-up deadline is March 3rd, but early sign-ups are encouraged and appreciated.
- Mailboxes will be provided in the vestry for participants to make the exchanges. You will be given a number and color indicating where to leave your mail and a corresponding number and different color where to collect your mail. This year you much leave your message BEFORE 10:30. The gong will sound to indicate the time has come to collect your mail. Folks attending the 9:00 service are encouraged to leave their messages before going up for the service. FYI…messages may be also be left anytime during the week that the church is open.
- When you sign up, you will be asked to fill out a short questionnaire so that we may share information with each participant about their mystery pal’s interests.
- Adults of all ages and children are invited to sign up.
- Suggested ages for children are Kindergarten through sixth grade, but this is up to parents discretion.
- Youth are invited to participate as either child or adult.
- Parental permission is needed for any participants under eighteen.
- Sign-up sheets will be made available in the Vestry church at the LSE..Lifespan Spiritual Exploration table and the Welcome table.
- You may also sign up online: March Mystery Madness
- Helpers will be available at the Children’s Snack Table on Sunday mornings to help you sign-up.
People are already signing up to take part in this exciting, fun and rewarding event. Don’t miss out on the fun! Sponsored by Jollification.