For the 2020 Annual Meeting of the Unitarian Church of Montpelier
To be held on Sunday May 24, 2020 at 11am via live video or phone through Zoom
Click here to join the meeting on Sunday at 11AM.
You can also join by opening the Zoom program on your computer or device and then entering Meeting ID 958 5481 2892, Password 880291. To join by phone, dial +1 929 436 2866 and then enter the Meeting ID and Password.
A quorum (25% of membership) is needed to conduct our Annual Meeting.
Your participation matters.
All are encouraged to attend to discuss and have Active Members vote on the following:
- Welcome and Election of Meeting Moderator
- Moderator will describe protocols for virtual meeting
- Chalice Lighting and Overview of Church year
- Recognition of Volunteers
- Update from the Board
- BFF Project
- Survey results on UCM Spring 2020 Spiritual Health Survey
- Plan for Beyond 2020 Vision
- Approval of the May 19, 2019 Annual Meeting Minutes
- Approval of the October 27, 2019 Special Meeting Minutes
- Presentation of final Congregational Covenant
- Vote on Adopting Congregational Covenant
- Approval of the General Fund Budget for the FY 2021 church year
- Approval of the Capital Fund Budget for the FY 2021 church year
- Election of three members to serve on the UCM Board each for a two-year term
- Paul Hartmann
- Charlotte Root
- Hugo Liepmann
- Election of Officers to the UCM Board
- President – Vic Guadagno
- Vice-President – Paul Hartmann
- Secretary – Ryan Kane
- Financial Officer – Charlotte Root
- Proposed Bylaw Changes
- Conduct any other new business
May 17 Congregational Forum to Review the Proposed Budget
All are encouraged to attend the Congregational Forum to become familiar with the Proposed FY2021 Budget ahead of the May 24 Annual Meeting. If you are not able to attend, you are encouraged to listen to the audio recording, which will be made available on the UCM website, ahead of the Annual Meeting.
The Forum will begin at 11:15AM. The Zoom meeting will be open immediately following the worship service. Please join the meeting before 11:15AM so that we can begin promptly.
Click here to join the meeting OR Open Zoom on your device or Dial +1 929 436 2866 and Enter Meeting ID 941 6065 4008, Password 7861.
- Introductions, Rev. Joan and Ryan Kane, Board President
- Announce Steve Gold as Moderator
- Review the “meeting participation protocols”
- Overview of Proposed FY2021 Budget, Ron Cameron, Executive Team
In addition to offering congregants an opportunity to learn more about the 2020-21 Annual Budget, the Congregational Forum on the 17th will serve as a practice and learning opportunity for facilitators to prepare for the Annual Meeting on the 24th. Please be patient with us as we learn together.
You can follow links below to view or download the budget materials. A full 2019-2020 Annual Report containing other materials for the May 24th Annual Meeting will be sent out this coming week.
FY2021 Proposed General and Capital Fund Budget
Proposed Budget (Large Print Version)
Proposed Budget Summary
Participant Guidelines & Procedures
UCM Congregational Forum, May 17, 2020
UCM Annual Meeting, May 24, 2020
The Forum and Annual Meeting will be held over the video conferencing platform, Zoom. As a participant, you can join via Audio and Video on Zoom, or if you are not able to utilize Zoom on a computer or electronic device, you can dial-in by phone.
Please be sure you have the latest version of Zoom downloaded and that your microphone and camera are functional. In order to count votes during the Annual Meeting, you will need to be viewable by camera (if on Zoom) or audible by phone.
- The Forum and Meeting will begin with all participants on Mute and participants are asked to keep their microphones muted when not called upon to speak.
- The Forum and Meeting audio will be recorded. Please state your name clearly each time you ‘unmute’ your audio to speak.
- During periods of discussion, you will be asked to indicate if you have a Question or Comment in one of two ways: 1) Typing your Question or Comment into the Chat, or 2) Raising your hand so that it is viewable in your video screen. Board members will be monitoring the Chat and Video Panels and communicating with the Moderator. The Moderator will indicate to you when it is your turn to speak. Board members will also check in with any phone participants to make sure they are included in asking questions and making comments. If you are participating over the phone, you can press *9 in order to ‘raise your hand’ to indicate to Board members that you have a question or comment.
- To allow as many people as possible to participate, each speaker will be limited to two minutes. A Board Member will alert you via private chat message when you have 30 seconds remaining. The Zoom Host may mute your audio when your two minutes are complete. Board and Executive Team members will also keep responses limited to two minutes, when feasible.
- All participants will get an opportunity to ask a question before anyone is allowed to ask a second question. At the Forum, participants are encouraged to put their questions or comments into chat to be answered later.
- Anything typed into the Chat box (including Private messages) will be recorded. Please utilize the Chat box primarily for asking Questions pertaining to the agenda items at hand.
- The preferred method for voting at the Annual Meeting will be by a show of hands. For this reason, it is important that you are able to be seen by video. Phone participants or through Zoom without video will be asked to make a voice vote.
- We are all learning in this new mode of being together, so we thank you for your patience as we learn together.