Please watch the video message above regarding possible unrest in our state capital in the coming days.
The UCM Executive Team has issued this statement regarding church community safety: “In light of last week’s violence at the Capitol and the uncertainty surrounding the potential for similar conduct in Montpelier this Sunday, the Executive Team has instructed UCM staff to work from home on Sunday, January 17th, in order to ensure their safety. Similarly, the Executive Team requests that members and friends refrain from visiting the church building on that day. Sunday’s virtual worship service will take place as planned. The Executive Team requests that members, friends and staff consider their safety first, in light of events as they unfold in Montpelier between January 17 and January 20, before visiting the church for any purpose during that time period. Any questions about this message can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.”
Below are ways to connect with our church community and beyond in the coming days.
- Sunday, January 17, Centering Circle, 6-7PM. Join in a time of quiet meditation, song, and sharing for grounding and centering. On Zoom at https://tinyurl.com/centering-circle or dial +1 929 436 2866 and enter Meeting ID: 916 2768 3105 and Passcode: 177617.
- Contact Ginny Sassaman for details about the meditation session on Tuesday, January 19 from 6-7pm at email@example.com.
- Follow Vermont Interfaith Action on Facebook for interfaith prayers throughout Inauguration Day on Wednesday, January 20.
- Join the “Side with Love Conversation” with UUA President Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray and other UU leaders on Thursday, January 21 at 12PM as part of the Thirty Days of Love.
- Join our UCM Racial Justice Team for their bimonthly meeting this Thursday, January 21 at 6:30PM. Contact Meredith Warner for details, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read up on The People’s Inauguration Oath and join Vermont Interfaith Action on Sunday, January 24 at 2:30PM for the VIA People’s Inauguration Celebration. Contact Rev. Joan for more details, email@example.com.
Check the weekly announcements and our website for more updates.