UCM Multi-platform Sunday Worship: What to Expect
*updated April 28, 2022
Our Sunday morning worship service will continue to be held at 10am and will be available on multiple platforms: online on Zoom, online on Facebook, and in-person in the church sanctuary. The sanctuary is now open every Sunday for in-person attendance.
ONLINE via Zoom and Facebook
If you join worship online via Zoom, there are no changes in how you can participate in Sunday morning activities. Before the worship service begins, we start the morning with announcement slides and music starting at 9:45am. Tune in early to catch those announcements and greet others in the Zoom chat. Links to join worship and coffee hour can be found on our homepage. The service will also continue to be streamed to our Facebook page. Recordings of past services can be found on our UCM YouTube channel.
Limited Capacity In Person
In-person attendance is for the worship service only. An outdoor Coffee Hour on the church lawn will follow the service. To attend the worship service in person, you are encouraged to reserve a spot ahead of time using the following link: https://rsvp.church/r/H7RtmXNs
Notes on Accessibility for In-person Attendance
- Please call the office at 223-7861 x3 if you are unable to access the online reservation system and need assistance reserving a spot for an upcoming service.
- The School Street entrance will be open for anyone needing to use an accessible entrance to the building. All others are asked to enter through the front doors on Main Street. The elevette will also be available for use.
- Please remember to refrain from wearing fragrances or scented personal products in consideration of those with chemical sensitivity.
- Hearing assist devices will not yet be available as we are in transition with our audio system.
- A printed order of service will be available.
- The Zoom portion of the service will be projected.
- The handicapped accessible bathroom will be available.
Covid Safety Guidelines for In-Person Worship Attendance (as of April 28, 2022)
- Attendance is limited to up to 50 people.
- All attendees who are eligible are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against Covid-19.
- All attendees are encouraged to RSVP in advance.
- All walk-in attendees must sign in, providing contact info and certifying they have been symptom-free for the past 24 hours and have not had a recent known exposure to Covid.
- All attendees ages 5 and up must wear a well-fitted face mask that covers the mouth and nose. A multi-layered mask such as N95, KN95, or KP94 is recommended.
- Six-foot social distance is to be maintained between individuals and/or pods.
- Worship leaders are permitted to remove their mask when speaking only.
- Attendees are encouraged to greet one another and socialize outdoors before and after the service. There will be no indoor coffee hour.
We will need ushers, tech operators, and other volunteers in the building on Sunday morning. Please contact Elaine Ball, email@example.com, or Rev. Joan, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are willing and able to help.
The Covid Task Force continues to work on recommendations for reopening, and the UCM Executive Team will continue to adopt new policies as needed and appropriate for the changing circumstances. You can read more about the work of the Covid Task Force here.
You are welcome to contact the UCM Executive Team with any questions or concerns at email@example.com.