To be held on Sunday May 21, 2023 at 11:30am* in the Sanctuary and via live video or phone through Zoom (For zoom, click this link or dial +1 929 436 2866 Meeting ID: 949 6990 4830 Passcode: 244878)
Please note slightly later start time.
All are encouraged to attend to discuss and have Active Members vote on the following:
- Election of meeting moderator
- Confirm Quorum
- Review protocols for hybrid in-person/virtual meeting
- Chalice Lighting, In Memoriam, Overview of Church year
- Approval of Minutes from Special Meeting, June 6, 2021
- Approval of Minutes from Special Meeting February 13, 2022
- Approval of Minutes from Annual Meeting May 22, 2022
- Update from the UCM Governing Board
- Air Quality Project
- Update from the ET
- Approval of the General Fund Budget for the FY 2024 church year
- Approval of the Capital Fund Budget for the FY 2024 church year
- Election of three members to serve on the UCM Board (three for a two-year term)
- Claudia Clark
- Steve Gold
- Election of Officers to the UCM Board
- President – Open
- Vice-President – Ansel Ploog
- Secretary – Open
- Financial Officer – Fran Dodd
- Recognition of Staff and Volunteers
- Shall the Unitarian Church of Montpelier ordain Verdis LeVar Robinson as a Unitarian Universalist minister?
- Conduct any other new business
Additional Links & Information
Annual Report, May 2023
Proposed FY24 Budget Summary
Proposed FY24 Budget Spreadsheet
Proposed FY24 Budget Spreadsheet (Large Print)
FY 21/22 Final Balance Sheet
FY 21/22 General Fund Year End Statement
FY 21/22 Capital Fund Year End Statement
What to expect from a HYBRID ANNUAL MEETING
What is a hybrid meeting?
A hybrid meeting is when there are people present both in the sanctuary and on-line.
What should I expect if I attend by zoom or in-person?
For those of you who have attended in-person Annual Meetings at UCM, you can expect some things will be the same: we’ll begin the meeting shortly after worship, you can raise your hand, you’ll have some documents printed, and we will provide some light snacks. We recommend you bring a bottle of water. Some additional notes: you’ll need to go to the front of the sanctuary to use a microphone, you’ll hear zoom participants through the speakers and view them projected on the wall.
If you attend on zoom, it will be much like last year’s Annual Meeting. There will be a view of the sanctuary that will provide audio and video of all in-person participants. You may watch, participate and vote with more than one member on a single device. We recommend you print the Budget documents in advance of worship (regular and large print are provided) if you find that having printed copies is better for you than viewing them on screen. A small number of printed copies of the Annual Report will be available for pick up at church by this Wednesday.
For technical reasons related to audio, we will do our best to honor ALL comments, motions and questions from both the zoom and in-person groups equitably. We can not guarantee that we can honor the exact order of raised hands. The moderator, when possible, will call on and exhaust raised hands in first one location, then the other. For instance, they might ask all raised hands on Zoom to make comments and pose questions, then move to the in-person comments. This method helps ease the labor of our tech team, and create a smooth audio experience. We will do our best to strike a balance between conversation flow and tech needs.