Hello Friends & Members!
We are thrilled to be having a Moving-Back-In volunteer workday this Saturday, October 7! We will be starting early — 8:00 AM — since this is Montpelier’s Grand Reopening weekend, downtown will likely get very busy later in the day. However, please stop by at any time that works best for you!
Here are some of the tasks we will be working on — please email or call Emily — email@example.com or 802-223-1676 — to indicate if you are able to do heavier or lighter duty tasks:
Heavier-duty tasks (begin 8:00 AM)
- Moving furniture — if you have a pickup truck, please contact Emily!
- Carrying boxes down to the Vestry and Offices from upstairs
- Moving tables and chairs down from the Stage to the Vestry
- Putting up shelving
- Small carpentry and sheetrock tasks, such as patching holes in walls
- Weeding gardens and cutting back perennials for winter
Lighter-duty tasks (begin 8:30 AM)
- Wiping, dusting, sanitizing items being moves, as needed
- Unpacking and setting up items and toys in the Nursery
- Putting on light switch and outlet covers
- Sorting kitchen items
- Miscellaneous cleaning/dusting
Do-ahead / Drop-off tasks
- Bring snacks to share
- Bring beverages to share
- Donate paper towels
Busy on Saturday, but still want to help before we “Reopen” on October 15? Let Emily know, so she can connect you with other volunteer tasks in the coming week, including painting, helping to unpack and sort through boxes, cleaning, arranging rooms, etc.
Thank you so much for helping us to re-open our beloved space for the whole community to enjoy!