Committee on Ministry
**NEW for 2019-2020 Church Year**
The Committee on Ministry has shared a Proposed Congregational Covenant. Read more here.
The Committee on Ministry (CoM) supports and nurtures the shared ministry of the Unitarian Church of Montpelier by:
- Serving as a support and sounding-board for the Minister.
- Serving as a resource for individuals and groups in the congregation to:
- Foster healthy process, relationships and decision making
- Address conflicts or troubles that negatively impact ministry
- Consult with the Minister on matters of ministry.
- Making recommendations to the church’s governing bodies and other leadership groups to enhance the health and effectiveness of ministries.
- Conducting an end-of-year performance assessment of the Minister, coordinated with the UCM Board, and submitted to the UUA.
As part of implementing the 2020 Strategic Plan, the CoM has two focus areas: Work with committee chairs and other leaders to help with facilitating gatherings that are spiritually grounded and compassionate, and lead the congregation in a process to adopt a covenant of right relations.
The CoM consists of five members recommended by the Minister and approved by the Board. Each member serves for three years with overlapping terms providing for continuity each year. Current members (2019-2020 church year) include Priscilla Fox, Danette Fuller, Bob Hawk, Rocky Kelley, and Dustin Rand (chair).
The CoM is open to hearing concerns and feedback from members of the congregation on any issues related to the shared ministry of the church. Please contact the chair, Rocky Kelley.