The Executive Team (ET) is the body that manages day-to-day operations of the church, in accordance with policies developed by the Board. Where the Board sets goals to achieve the congregation’s mission and vision, the ET determines the ways and means to meet those goals. Its members work closely with all church ministries. For the 2019-20 church year, the Executive Team consists of Rev. Joan Javier-Duval, Ron Cameron, and Claudia Clark.
They regularly convene with church professional staff, forming a collaborative planning, deliberative and decision-making group, informally known as the Management Team (MT). Meetings are on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays from 10:30am-12:30pm. Individuals or groups can always request to meet with the MT.
The ET and Staff have developed the following priorities for the 2019-20 church year in conjunction with the Congregational Goals set by the UCM Board:
- Develop a long-term financial plan for operating and capital expenses, including:
- A long-term staffing plan
- Establish systems to become a teaching congregation and recruit a ministerial intern for the 2019-2020 or 2020-21 church years
- Plans for staff health insurance and other benefits.
- Implement shift to two Sunday services while maintaining their high quality and spiritually nourishing character and supporting sustainability for staff and volunteers
- Evaluate the two service change and how it’s going for both the congregation and staff and volunteers and make plans for coming years
- Support the congregation’s growth in our understanding of ourselves as people engaged in Spiritual exploration, both as individuals and as a community
- Support the new Congregational Life Coordinator in their new role and developing/adapting systems of support for the coordinator and member/friend engagement
The ET and Staff also support other major initiatives taking place this church year including the work of the Building for the Future Steering Committee and the Covenant Task Force.
Please contact ET members: Rev. Joan, Ron Cameron, and Claudia Clark, with any feedback or questions you might have.