Here is the job in a nut shell:
Arrive early to set up – the table is usually set up for us.
- Purchase or prepare snacks – All snacks should be nut free and we need to provide some gluten-free options as well! Purchases can be reimbursed by submitting receipts to the DRE. The RE cupboard is typically stocked with crackers & juice. It is nice to provide some fresh fruits or veggies as well. Of course home-baked goods are a welcomed treat, too.
- Set up snacks before church – supplies are in the RE snack cupboard in the kitchen. Reusable cups are in the upper cupboard to the left behind the RE cupboard. Please put a dish pan under the snack table to collect dirty cups. Put out sign up sheets, which are kept in the brown folder in the RE cupboard. A donation basket should be offered as well.
- Distribute some simple snacks to the Nursery and Pre-K room (cereal, water & cups) You can provide something else, but we want to keep this simple and allergen (nut & gluten) free.
- Help at the table during coffee hour to serve snacks, answer questions, etc.
- When things quiet down, clean up – you should hand wash the juice pitchers and any bowls or plates that have been used. Then they need to be dried & put away where you found them in the kitchen. The dirty cups can be left in the dish pan by the sink.
Take a look at the sign up sheet at the snack table on Sunday morning, or go on-line to sign up using Volunteer Spot Thanks ~