Building For the Future
What is Building for the Future (BFF) at UCM?
Building for the Future is the name of our proposed project that is intended to help UCM more fully live our mission.
The project encompasses building renovations, increased accessibility and sustainability, and enhanced benefits for staff.
To learn more, take a look at this Overview or read our Frequently Asked Questions!
We are trying to reach out to as many members to inform, enlighten, and discuss BFF through a variety of ways:
Turtle Tales in the UCM Weekly Announcements
BFF information table during coffee hours
Dedicated website listing all Committee and Work Group agendas, minutes from meetings of all groups working on BFF. Visit bit.ly/UCM-BFF to learn more details.
Conceptual Building Plans shown to The Board on 9/10/10 CPOWG Alternative Floor plans only
Going forward in September and October there will be two Congregational forums in addition to various cottage and committee meetings.
While we don’t have all the answers and there are many more decisions to be made, we are committed to reaching out and communicating in as many ways as possible. It is very important that UCM members have the information they need to make an informed decision on October 27.
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday, September 10, 2019 – 6:45-7:30pm: BFF Overview and Discussion at Women’s Alliance Potluck
- Saturday, September 14, 2019 – 3:00-5:00pm: Brenda Bean and Phil Morse will host a cottage meeting at their home in Montpelier
- Sunday, September 15, 2019: First congregational forums following both services
- Wednesday, September 18, 2019 – 6:30pm: Nancy Chickering and Kris Hammer will host a cottage meeting at their home
- Wednesday, September 18, 2019 – 7pm: Overview and Discussion with Committee on Ministry (UCM)
- Thursday, September 19, 2019 – 5:45pm: Overview and Discussion with Coir (UCM)
- Thursday, September 26, 2019 – 7pm: Nancy Read to host a cottage meeting at her home
- Friday, September 27, 2019: Stuart and Donna Russo-Savage will host a cottage meeting at their home
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019 – 6:30: Overview and Discussion with Committee of Chairs (Vestry)
- Early October, 2019: Second congregational forum and Building Tour featuring an overview of the BFF Comprehensive Plan proposal
If you’re interested in hosting the Work Group to share more details to your group or committee, or if you’re interested in attending one of the upcoming cottage meetings, please contact Education Work Group member Jo Romano email@example.com.
Sunday, October 27, 2019: Congregational vote to move the BFF project forward and hire a feasibility consultant.